Sunday, August 2, 2009

DPG aka The Dharma Initiative

We've settled into our new home at Dugway Proving Ground, which, will lovingly be referred to as the DPG, Dharma Initiative (for you LOST fans), or summer camp. Surprisingly, for being such a small place, there's a lot to tell you about the DPG.
Our house turned out to be a lot better and bigger than we expected. We have 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms, a dining room, living room, and family room. There's also a little backyard, but behind our yard is a huge playground and field for Lola to play fetch. We can throw the ball for her pretty much from our backyard.
Ben's "work" is going well so far. He's leaving to go to Colorado Springs tomorrow to in-process and since he's not in-processed yet, he can't really do anything at work. He thinks he's going to be seeing about 15 patients a week. One nice thing is that we're so close to the clinic he can come home for lunch and he only works Mon - Thurs. The clinic is really nice though and all of the people who work there are also very friendly.
Now, like I've mentioned before, there's not much variety here. We've got a Subway, Community Club (mom and I prefer the name Country Club though, sounds a little more classy, but they do have good food), a nice pool, a movie theatre that plays one movie a week but it's only 99 cents, a bowling alley, a hair salon (appointment only), post office, hotel (yes, there's a hotel for all of you who want to experience this for yourselves), gas station, chapel, schools, and a gym. I'm sure there's a few things I'm missing, but you get the point.
My favorite part of summer camp though is the music. Yes, people, I said the music. There are loud speakers all around the post, most likely for some sort of chemical/biological emergency, but at 6am they play Revelry, then at 5:05 they play something to lower the flag, and then at around 10:10pm we get Taps to tell us it's time for bed. It cracks me up every time I even think about our music, esp. Revelry. It's totally ridiculous.
After a description like this, I know y'all are just dying to visit!

Day 203
(I'll always look up to you, daddy!)

Day 202

Lola cooling off in her new pool

Day 201
(The great banana experiment. He's not ready for whole bananas)

Day 200
I love Grandma Kisses!

Day 199

Day 198
(Wal Mart should really use this pic in their next ad)

Day 197

Day 196

Day 195
(I love my new room!)

3 comments:

Eat, Drink & Be Merry said...

i bet this will turn out to be a very special experience for you guys...sounds like it will def. take some getting used to :) I'm thinking about you~I'm also looking forward to possibly seeing you guys in the fall!

aclinnell said...

Believe it or not I am still dying to come visit. I have one question though, is that green couch in your house?

aclinnell said...

We need more house pictures!