Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Dino-Mite Party!










As per my son's request, this year's birthday party theme was DINOSAURS! It was really fun to plan and I think the kids had a great time, but boy planning a big party right after Christmas was exhausting (hence why I'm just now posting pictures). First, we started off with a dinosaur fossil dig in Cole's sandbox. Ben and I made, yes, I said made, fossils and bones to go in his box as well as dino eggs that when cracked open had baby dinosaurs in them. Then, the kids went on a dino egg hunt. I spray painted Easter eggs (the biggest challenge here was finding Easter eggs in January) black and tan and they had candy and quarters in them. Then we played stick the dinosaur in the sky and finally, Tutu read some dinosaur stories to all the kids. After all of the activities we ate "Carnivore Sliders" "Bracchiosaurus Berry Salad" "Shiny's Shells" and drank "Swamp Water Punch". Then there was the present madness...I wasn't sure what he got until everyone left and I could finally look at everything. We ended with a delicious dinosaur ice cream cake and then we all napped. I didn't realize a 2 hour party could be so exhausting. Cole was thrilled though and re-enacted the party for the following week and that's what it's all about, right, making a little boy happy on his 3rd birthday.

No comments: