Friday, January 20, 2012

The Big 3


Just one question...How on Earth do I already have a 3 year old?! I feel like I was just bringing that sweet little boy home from the hospital. I kind of feel like 3 is a really monumental age. A lot more independence comes with being 3. He goes to preschool, he can participate in organized sports, gymnastics, and swimming lessons without us having to do it with him. It's pretty huge. I've also found there's a lot more negotiating taking place in our home. I can't tell you how many times a day we say "do you want to make a deal?" or, "here are your choices..." I think letting Cole think he's making his own decisions is going to be a very useful tool this year!
He's even started to understand that now that he's 3 he has to take 3 bites of the foods we give him. I guess there are some definite bonuses to him growing up. I know he still needs me, but it's nice to know he can be a little independent too.

We went to the doctor on Tuesday and he's doing great. He's in the 50th% for weight and height and above average for all of the skills that they look at when you're 3. We couldn't be more grateful for our happy, healthy, smart, funny, loving, imaginative, sweet (80% of the time) little, I mean big, 3 year old boy!










*3 year pictures taken by mommy :-)

No comments: