Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Jabara Krewe is Growing!


Cole is very excited to announce that he's going to be a BIG BROTHER! We went to the doctor yesterday and the baby is measuring 12 weeks exactly, so that means he/she is due to arrive around May 7th. For some reason I feel like he/she is going to come on May 10th, so I'm calling that date early :)

We do have to admit that this was a bit of a shock. Yes, we know where babies come from, but we had such problems conceiving Cole and I didn't really think my body was changing for the better, so we just figured we'd need to do the fertility route again. Then at the end of August, Ben had a dream that I was pregnant! I told him he was crazy and that was no way possible. A few days went by and I took an expired test and there it was, clear as day! I took another one just to make sure and within seconds it was positive. A small shock but a huge blessing to say the least. Now that we've seen the baby and it's strong little heart it makes it even more real.

Cole of course doesn't quite understand what's going on, but we talk a lot about babies and how nice and sweet babies are. I just ordered him a book called "What's in Mommy's Belly" that another friend suggested and we've been rocking our baby doll and putting diapers on her. He's been very sweet. The other night he lifted my shirt and kissed the baby and then he went over and lifted daddy's shirt to kiss "daddy's baby" (I thought this was hilarious, Ben, not so much)! He'll figure it out one day...hopefully before the baby is born.

2 comments:

Eat, Drink & Be Merry said...

Wow! I love this story! We are so happy for y'all! I've heard of people having to use fertility for the first and not for the second. What a blessing!!!!

BeeBopp23 said...

WOW!!! Congratulations Lindsay!! I'm so happy for you guys!!!! I hope its a girl! Either way, he or she will be SO beautiful and LOVED!!!!