Saturday, August 21, 2010

Mr. & Mrs. Dudak

7.31.2010. Joelle and Adam's Big Day has finally arrived! Here are some pictures (not the professional ones yet, but still some great shots taken by my father-in-law). I've also included my toast in case you missed it or couldn't understand what I was saying through my crying :) Congratulations to my baby sister and my new brother-in-law!

The Haugen's

Mom and Daughters

Dad and the Bride

Dad and Dolores with the Bride and Groom

The Jabara's

Ben and Katie

Keeping Cole entertained before the ceremony

I love my little family!

Sweet boy

My niece, Brianna, singing "Lucky" - She was so awesome...I cried!

Cole, being the center of attention on the dance floor


Auntie Jill and Cole

Watching Aunt JoJo and Uncle Adam dance

Cole with Nana and Papa

Mom and Rick

Gorgeous and oh so delicious cake

Family Dance

Hello. Most of you know me, but for those who do not, I’m Joelle’s older sister, Lindsay. I’m going to try my best to keep my composure while I give the bride and groom some advice…

Let me start with Joelle. I’m not going to get too mushy here, mainly because I won’t be able to finish my speech, but also because I think we all know what a beautiful person Joelle is. One of my earliest memories is the night Joelle was born. We had a family friend, Fr. Jerry, over for dinner at my grandparent’s house and as soon as we sat down for dinner, my mom’s water broke. I remember my mom telling me to take care of Aunt Viv so she didn’t freak out and then I remember playing in the waiting room with grandpa and grandma while I patiently waited for my brother or sister to arrive. I was VERY excited that she turned out to be a girl. I was really trying to think of a mean or incriminating story to tell about Joelle from our childhood, but honestly, we got along so well that nothing comes to mind. I’m sure she’d be quick to think of one for me though…Anyway, Joelle, you’ve been a wonderful sister, a fun aunt and a loyal friend and I know you’re going to be all of those things to Adam as his wife.

Adam, I just want to take this opportunity to welcome you into our family. As you already know, our family structure is a little complicated, so I have a gift for you…I made you a chart of our family so you’ll always know who belongs to whom. Even after 6 years of marriage, Ben still gets a little confused, so for those times when you’re sitting at dinner and Joelle says something like, “I got a call from Chris today and he’s doing well,” and you can’t remember that Chris is your brother-in-law who’s stationed in Korea, you can just play along and then when Joelle leaves the room, you can pull out your pocket edition of your family chart and look real quick to see who the heck Chris is! So, now that you know who everyone is, on behalf of your 2 father-in-laws, 2 mother-in-laws, 7 brother-in-laws, 6 sister-in-laws, 10 nephews, and 7 nieces, welcome to the nut house, I mean, Family!

Finally, I just want to offer Joelle and Adam a piece of advice: don’t lose sight of the individuals that you are. Many people think of marriage as two people becoming one, but, as we all know, one plus one does not equal one. You’re now a partnership. Two people living their lives parallel to one another and helping each other learn and grow. You both have strengths and you both have weaknesses that compliment and balance each other out. And now as two individuals together, love has made you stronger and more capable than you were alone.

So with that, please raise your glasses, Joelle and Adam, may all your days be sunny, may all your adventures be exciting, and may all of your pain be champagne! Cheers!

My attempt and not crying during my toast = Big FAIL!

Adam's Family Tree Chart



No comments: