Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Maui Part 1

Cole's down for a nap, so I thought I'd start posting the first half of our visit to see Tutu and G-paw in Maui. Our first full day on the island was the 4th of July. We went to a fun little "parade" in Makawao, a little town not too far from their house. We must put parade in quotes because no parades will ever really be parades to us outside of NOLA. Ben said it just wasn't the same without drinking and people throwing crap at us. After the "parade" we went up to Ben's Aunt Sally and Uncle Edward's farm for dinner. They just got 25 new baby chicks and Cole loved watching them. They also have goats, mini donkeys, mini cows and 4 dogs, 2 of which are great danes (Cole also loved Roxy the Great Dane).
The following day we took Cole to the beach for the first time. He LOVED sitting and just watching the waves and he stuck his toes in the sand and water. He refused to nap while we were there because there was just too much to see and as soon as I put him in his carseat he passed out.
Other than that, we've just kind of hung out at the new house. It's absolutely beautiful and perfect for Jim, Linda and all their guests when they come. They also have 2 new goats, which is fun.
Our friends, Alex and Liz arrive tomorrow, so we'll try to post the second part of our trip before we leave. Oh, and how can I forget, today's Cole's 6 month birthday! I'll try to do a 6 month update in the next couple of days.

Day 181
(I think Tutu said something mean to daddy here)

Day 180


Day 179
Cole's first beach trip

Day 178
First 4th of July!
Cutest baby in Makawao Town!

Watching the "parade" with G-Paw

Mommy's little firecracker!

Meeting Great Aunt Sally

Petting the chick




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsey,

I am good friends with Linda and I met you a while back at her & Jim's place in Kennewick. She brags about your website all the time and has shown it to many of our friends here. You do a great job!! Linda told me you guys were going to visit and to look up pictures on your site. I'm glad I did, you all look like you're having a great time! :) Please tell Linda I don't have her new # in my phone and to please call me when she can so I have it. Or, she can email me at home at beeteez@msn.com Thanks so much and have a wonderful vacation!!
Becky Thomas

PS--the baby is sooooo cute!