Sunday, June 21, 2009

Starting Solids

On Tuesday, we went to our breastfeeding meeting and Cole got weighed and he only gained 4oz in 2 weeks. That, with the fact that he's been acting really hungry lately, led to a very long discussion with the pediatrician about starting some solids. I really wanted to wait until 6 months but we think he's ready. So after shedding a few tears (I don't know why I'm so emotional about this, but I am) we gave Cole his first taste of real food: Organic Oatmeal Cereal. He is not a fan and this secretly made me happy. After 3 days of hating oatmeal, we moved on to bananas. He liked it a little better. He still makes silly faces and shutters after swallowing, but he's at least eating a few spoonfuls of it. Today I mixed it with a little rice cereal and he liked that a little more. I have to admit that it is kind of exciting to see what foods he likes and dislikes, but, it's also very messy and takes a lot of time. We'll have to see on Tuesday if he gained any.

Day 160
Cole's First Taste of Solid Food




No comments: