Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Baltimore

Our final stop on our trip down the East Coast was Baltimore, MD. But, first we made a quick stop Monday morning in Arlington, VA. Our friend from high school, Chandra, had a gorgeous baby boy a few days before we got there, so we took the opportunity to visit him. He's a big boy, but sooo sweet. Cole really liked seeing the baby, but he also really liked their dog of course. We didn't have the camera with us, so I'm borrowing a pic from Chandra's facebook page for your baby enjoyment. Congrats Burnside Family!!!

Tom Connally "TC" Burnside, II

After meeting TC we drove up to Baltimore just for a quick stop before we caught our flight home. So, as some of you may know, Ben and I have a slight obsession with the Food Network (if you didn't know this before, you'll see if first hand in my next post) and really the only thing I wanted to see in Baltimore was Charm City Cakes, which is where Ace of Cakes is filmed. Well, the whole way there I was thinking, "I really wish we'd catch some of the bakers walking in and out of the bakery." So we pull up and I look across the street and sitting at a picnic table are like 7 of them! I really hate just walking up to people and bothering them, so I devise this plan to park the car down the street and take Cole out and walk him by where they're eating and they'll of course think he's the cutest thing ever and come up and talk to us, right? Wrong. We did park the car and get out, but by that time, they were all going back into the bakery. Cole stopped right at the entrance and was being so cute smelling the flowers right outside the door, but they just walked on by. Apparently they were too busy to stop and see my adorable little boy :) Then my favorite, favorite person on Ace of Cakes walked out...Geof Manthorne. He was enjoying what looked like a romantic lunch, so again, I didn't bother him, but I did get a paparazzi shot. I guess all in all our trip to Baltimore was successful!

Charm City Cakes

Geof eating lunch with his girlfriend
(I know, I'm a dork)


Cast of Ace of Cakes
(Geof's the guy sitting on the far left. We did not see Duff at all,
but he was there because his motorcycle was parked out front)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are officially a nerd Lindsay!!!! Love you